Monday, October 20, 2008

black arts

if i had to make music the same way i'm expected to make art in an institution i would go on stage, take my bass off, present the records i've been listening to around the time of writing the song, tune my bass, explain what strings are on it, how it will relate to my body, explain the notes i'm about to play, perhaps provide some sheet music and copies of the lyrics i'm about to use, talk about the tempo and how it relates to the lyrics, play my song, and explain everything again, and play it again, have someone interrupt me and make me defend the last lyric, or worse: explain why/what/how i wrote it.

wouldn't it make sense to just put up an alter with a sad clown and a 12 foot tear made of long black wet wigs and some fuzzed out guitar sounds coming from hidden speakers and let you know i made it because these are a couple of things i'm obsessed with, and there's no beginning, or conclusive end, and i ate a sandwich before i put it together, washed my hair and listened to Delfonics?

1 Comments:

Blogger Myszka said...

do that one time.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home